Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Running to Rise Up

On Saturday, i finished my very first 5 mile race in my chair!  My team, Team Rise Up walked, ran, and pushed to benefit Rise Up Gallery, and we raised over $5700 exceeded our target goal!  It was a cold and very windy morning that we participated in the 5 mile walk/run and half marathon in Asbury Park.  I was determined to push myself with no help throughout the entire 5 miles, and i succeeded.  The few inclines and slanted streets were rough at times.  Thanks to the slanted roads, my left arm pushed far more than my right just to keep myself moving straight, which was the only real problem i had. We were one of the lasts to finish (by far!), but i'm just excited to have done this.  Until the next one! 

Thank you so much to everyone who supported us!  It means the world to us!


Team Rise Up!









1 comment: