Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

starfish in love

i just returned from a 2 week visit to the beautiful state of california. this explains my recent lack of posts, and to make things worse, i arrived back home in new jersey to find myself homeless... which means all of my art projects and supplies are packed away carefully. i've been left with all this free time, that should be spent on art, wasting away on nonsense.  but fear not! after an abnormally long and painful process, i will officially be a homeowner tomorrow, which means my art-making will get back on track shortly. my sincerest apologies to all who have been patiently waiting for art from me! 


in the mean time, here is my favorite photo from my trip to california.  starfish in love! i took a long journey to the aquarium of the bay in san franciso, all by myself! it was maybe an hour or so walk from the apartment to the aquarium, which i pushed myself through in my shaky, obnoxious wheelchair like a champ.  normally i'm too nervous to do certain things solo, especially in the chair through a big city i don't know, so this was kind of liberating.  i think i did it more because i wanted to prove i could rather than actually wanting to go. although there's nothing more lovely than staring at giant fish and sharks with funny overbites gliding around in a quiet aquarium atmosphere. it was a tiny aquarium that i slowly browsed through twice, but finding these two stars was the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment